Open for registration NOW!
If you have students/friends who love math and challenges, post this info to them.
8th Secondary School Math Olympiad Training camp 2018 (MOTC2018)
The students who will attended the Math Olympiad Training Camp 2018( MOTC)are talented, motivated students who like mathematics and would like to improve their skill at developing and writing proofs and solving challenging proof-based competition and research problems. More specifically, the program is particularly well-suited for students in the following situations.
(1) Anyone who is preparing for the OMK, APMO, IMO, IMTOT, SMO, RIMO, WMTC and Hua Luo-Geng Math Competition
(2) Students with a strong background in mathematics who are entering the secondary/high school and hoping to join oversea competitions.
(3) Students who entering the Form 5/6 and hoping to apply for scholarship at the colleges through the math competition.
(4) Students who are entering their senior year in high school or high school graduates who intend to major in mathematics and wanted to get a jump on the kind of higher-level topics and background they will need in college and beyond.
(5) Any secondary/high school student with a strong background in computational mathematics who would like to learn more about proof and rigor in problem-solving context, and have some fun with an amazing group of peer at the same time!
If you have an interest in learning more about mathematical proof and improving your problem-solving, we encourage you to apply.
Date : 17-19 March, 2018
Venue : SJKC Lai Meng - Auditorium
Registration Deadline : 04 March, 2018 (Sunday)
Fee : RM350.00
During the camp, students will be provided with necessary background in lectures and trained with different types of problems to master various problem solving techniques. The classes are problem solving-based, whose curriculum is aligned with prestigious national and international competitions. Lectures will be given and problem solving strategies will be taught in Number Theory, Algebra/Analysis, Geometry, and Combinatorics. The camp provides a motivational and challenging environment for students.
There are 2 (Two) levels at the camp as listed below:
!) Secondary school (F1-F3)
2) High School (F4-F6)
Lectures are given by EMOS and PERMATO teachers who have participation and/or training experience in national/international math competitions and olympiads such as OMK, APMO, IMO, IMTOT, SMO, RIMO, WMTC and Hua Luo-Geng Math Competition.
2016 camp photos
Persatuan Matematik Olympiad Malaysia
SJKC Lai Meng
E Mathematics Olympiad System